Monday, February 19, 2007

Mentoring

Popular opinion states that in order succeed as a real estate investor one of the things that you need is a mentor. Therefore a lot of the real estate gurus offer mentoring programs as part of their sales packages. I do not have a mentor, I am not actively seeking a mentor, and I think I will do just fine without one. However, if you look at it from a different perspective, I have several mentors all at once.

There is no single person that I look to for advice and guidance. There is no one person that I can phone with questions that has done what I am trying to do before me. But the resources that I have found and that I use regularly have taken the place of this single mentor for me. There are two discussion forums that I visit quite regularly, richdad.com and biggerpockets.com. If I have any questions, I look for the answers there. If I cannot find what I am looking for, I ask. Of course I also freely offer my opinions to anyone who cares to read them.

I suggest that everyone check out these forums, as well any others that you can find. I wish that I had more time to spend on them. It is the best source of advice that I have found so far. I consider everyone on those forums to be my mentor. Be sure to check out people’s profiles so that you have a sense of what they do and where they are coming from.

1 comment:

Ruben A said...

I use the same two websites, RichDad and BiggerPockets, as a place to learn from others! Thanks for sharing your journey. My blog is gideon625.blogspot.com

Find a Property To Invest In