Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Closing

The trial and tribulations of closing on this investment seemed never ending. In fact we were due a small refund at the time of closing which we still have not received after a month and a half. (I am told that it is in the mail.)

The entire closing process was a very daunting task indeed. I only made it worse by how worried we were about the whole thing falling thru now that we had finally reached the end. The paperwork was never ending. I am sure that we duplicated information many millions of times. We had to supply all sorts of forms to the lender, not just the basic application forms with the details about the property, but notarized forms to prove that we were who we said we were, and even a form to say that there was never a dry cleaning business on the property. At points I thought that the paperwork would drive me insane. Every time I thought that it was all over and I had sent in everything that I needed to, they would request more. Maybe it was due to the lender, maybe the type of loan, or maybe the type of property, I just do not know.

My plan is to put together a list and copies of all of the documents needed for closing, or at least the ones that we needed for this closing. So then in the future we can have the items available in advance to make the process smoother. I have just not had the stomach to go over it all again. But when I do I will post it as a reference for everyone else. I hope that it will be a useful tool for anyone who is on the selling end also since the seller supplied a large number of the items.

No comments:

Find a Property To Invest In