Sunday, January 06, 2008

My goals for the New Year


1-Buy a second real estate investment
2-Create information products related to investing
3-Have more blog content and expand the information on it
4-Start a second website with other information products as source of income (topic not yet determined)
5-Write a business plan and create prototype for one new product (item not yet determined)

Those are the basics of my business and financial goals for the year. I also have certain goals for the one investment property that we now one, but I will review that separately.

1-Buy a second real estate investment. There is a lot more to this than just this one sentence. Our first property we bought rather conventionally. This was a unique experience that taught us a lot. But for our next investment, we are going to try to purchase it with different methods.

2- Create information products related to investing. I have so much information inside me, and I just keep picking up more. I want to put it all down on paper and see if it will sell. Secondary sources of income are also essential to my overall goals of becoming wealthy. A lot of the information will come from my personal experiences and opinions, as well as market and general information. I want to go beyond the “rah rah-you can do it” that is currently on the market.

3- Have more blog content and expand the information on it. This is pretty self-explanatory. I feel guilty about not writing on my blog as much as I should. I have re-prioritized my time to allow for more time to create content. I also have more time to research and learn about different investment topics that I want to share with the world.

4- Start a second website with other information products as source of income. This is sort of a vague goal at this point, and I have yet to decide what the service is that I will offer. I have some other interests in my life that I am passionate about. The site may be an interactive community of sorts, or a reseller of a niche product or something entirely different. My first step is to take my top two or three ideas for this site and do a little bit of market research to see if how plausible the idea is. Then I will develop a marketing plan for promoting the site, and set up a simple site to launch it.

5- Write a business plan and create prototype for one new product. My husband and I are big fans of the show “The Big Idea”. The Donny Deutsche show features entrepreneurs who have had simple ideas and made them into million dollar businesses. A lot of the ideas come out of simple frustrations in daily life. So, we have examined our daily lives and come up with a few new products. We understand that bringing a product to market can take more than a year. So my goals for this year are simply to pick one of the products that seems most feasible, write a business and marketing plan for it, and create a prototype. That sentence makes it all sound so simple, but it will actually be a lot of work.

Now, not only in my list of goals written with pen and paper, posted on my desk, but the whole world can now read about it. I am not getting away from this now!

No comments:

Find a Property To Invest In