Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A NEW YEAR!!!!!!

I will be the first to admit that I have been delinquent in my blog writing duties. But since it is a new year, I have been reviewing my goals not only for the year, but for my entire future. The good news is that I still plan on becoming wealthy.

Every January gyms across the country are loaded with new people trying to keep their New Year’s Resolutions to lose weight. By early spring, most of those people will not go to the gym again until next January when they make the same resolution.

Setting goals is a daunting task for me that I have never enjoyed. I always have the ideas in my head, but I have never been comfortable putting pen to paper to document it. The fear for me has always been having the proof at the end of the year that I have not accomplished the goals. Once I put pen to paper I become accountable for those goals. But last year I bought my first real estate investment and it has changed my perspective quite a lot. A lot of the fear that I one felt is gone. I am now officially accountable for every single one of the goals on my list.

The first few items are personal items that will not directly affect my financial future. After living in my house for two years I need to make a decision about how the living room should be furnished before another year goes by. I think it is important to have personal, family and business goals on the same list. We can all define ourselves in more than one way. All the aspects of life need to be tended to in order for us to grow as a whole. Too often we spend so much time and effort on one thing in life that all of the secondary and tertiary roles get lost.

Be reasonable when you make your list. If you think there is not enough time to accomplish an item on the list, then break it down into smaller components and set the goal for just the beginning steps. I don’t mean to tell anyone that they cannot accomplish anything they set their minds to do. I am just advising to keep in mind that some things are harder to accomplish over night then others. Time is also a limiting factor for all of these things that we do. Hours in the day are limited, and I tend to lose functioning after a certain hour of the night.

No comments:

Find a Property To Invest In