Friday, October 27, 2006

To Become Wealthy: Cities of Interest- Where I am looking to invest

After the initial search for good cities to invest in, I still had to dig a little bit deeper. I compared several lists. Forbes has a list of over and undervalued cities. Expansion Magazine has a list of the areas with the most growth in business. So, I cross checked and picked out about a dozen cities that ranked favorably on both lists.

From there I went to the site realtor.com. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the site, it allows you to enter basic search criteria for a nationwide search. It also allows for a more detailed search, but I have discovered that the less info entered, the better the results. So, I entered the city, state and my price range. The purpose was to see if my price range fit this city. Were there a lot of properties that looked nice enough that I could live in them in that city? And I narrowed the list down even more.

Then I searched on Google for the Economic Development websites for each city. I read thru the web sites for a better understanding of the dynamics of the city and to see what programs they have to spur growth in different industries. It also gives you a good idea of the size of the area, and the largest industries and employers.
This is the list of cities that I have narrowed it down to:
Tulsa, OK
Dallas, TX
Houston, TX
McAllen, TX
Little Rock, AR
Memphis, TN
Rochester, NY
Dayton, OH
Wichita, KS
Greenville, SC

No comments:

Find a Property To Invest In