Wednesday, November 29, 2006

To Become Wealthy: Commercial Real Estate




I was recently introduced to a site called Loopnet.com by my realtor in Tulsa, OK. You can sign up for free, or pay for different “premium” packages for a monthly fee. I chose the freebee for now. If it turns out to be a useful site, I may upgrade. This site offers listing of commercial properties as well as some residential. It is not part of MLS, and I am not sure how the sellers can list on the site. All I know is that I like all of the information that I am learning from it about commercial real estate possibilities. Here is a brief summary:

1- Commercial Real Estate is not as expensive as I thought.
2- There are a lot of opportunities for developers.
3- Options for unconventional financing are more prevalent.
4- Strip Malls have a High Return on Investment.

So far I still have a lot of questions about purchasing and operating commercial real estate. This will be something that I will try to find more information about in the upcoming weeks.

1- amount of down payment needed for financing
2- requirements and costs of property management
3- leases for commercial tenants
4- aspects to consider of property logistics, such as parking and traffic
in the area
5- other considerations yet to be imagined

Once I learn more I will share my knowledge here.

No comments:

Find a Property To Invest In