Saturday, December 30, 2006

To Become Wealthy: Contract Details Part III

UCC Search: This stands for the Uniform Commercial Code. I was not familiar with this and had to look it up on my own. All that the contract says is that the seller has 10 days to provide documents that are on file with the state and county to show where the property is located that relates to all the personal property on the property, and to list all the owners of the personal property in the last 5 years. Then it further states that we would then have 7 days to object if there is something that may encumber the title or if any portion of the property is in a flood zone.

This is one definition that I was able to find. “In plain language, the Uniform Commercial Code allows a creditor to notify other creditors about a debtor’s assets used as collateral for a secured transaction by filing a public notice (financing statement) with a particular filing office.” This really does not tell me too much more. Basically I am going to double check with my realtor that this was done and review all documents that are involved to see if anything looks questionable.

No comments:

Find a Property To Invest In