Sunday, January 07, 2007

To Become Wealthy: Contract Details Part VI

I am going to become wealthy. I have a plan and I am going to show the world how I make money as I make money. My main objective is to make passive income thru the acquisition of real estate all over the country. All of my failures and all of my triumphs are going to be out in the open for everyone to see.

Leases: This item is sort of obvious also. It simple states that all leases must be in full effect t while under contract and that the seller can not enter into new contracts without our consent. It is a little bit of protection from mean and vindictive types of sellers. The seller also must disclose any conditions that may lead a tenent to be able to terminate their lease, or any concessions, bonuses or free rents. Any advance payments also need to be disclosed.

Estoppel Certificates: I went over this briefly before, because we received several of these certificates from the seller. I have figured it out, and basically these certificates are from the tenents to certify the basics of the lease, amount owed, amount of security deposit, any offsets and the expiration date of the lease.

The next section of the contract names the different brokers involved in the sale, and the amounts that they wish to receive at the time of closing. Our realtor wants 3%. Ultimately it is up to the seller to negotiate this fee because they end up paying it out of the purchase price. I think our realtor deserves the 3%. She has been working very hard for us.

No comments:

Find a Property To Invest In