Thursday, January 18, 2007

Why Invest in Real Estate


Why do we invest in real estate? Why does anyone? More importantly, why doesn’t everyone?


First of all, statistically it would just not work out if everyone invested in real estate, but there is certainly still plenty of room for newcomers in the world of investing. Every time I mention to someone, friend or stranger, that I am starting to invest in real estate, people have their doubts about me, but never about the fact that real estate is a good investment. Mostly people see it as something out of my league. As something that is reserved for people that are already wealthy.


I believe that fear motivated people not to try new things. I know that when I do not want to do something, I can come up with a dozen excuses within less than one minute. That is the same thing that people are doing to me when I discuss real estate investing. The fear they feel about trying to make these investments them selves comes out as doubt over my success. I am not trying to say that no one supports my decisions, but they all doubt that it will work for me in the long run.


In 5, 10 or 15 years I might just be wealthy from my investments it real estate. I also might not be. However those 5, 10 and 15 years are still going to pass me by. I would rather spend them trying to change my life, then not trying at all.


I am not slated to retire from the general work force for another 30 years. 30 years is an awfully long time. And in 30 years they may have risen the retirement age another 5 to 10 years. I am not a patient person, waiting 5 to 10 years to retire is going to be difficult for me. I would hate to see what I miserable person I would be in 30 years of jobs that I only marginally like.


So, why aren’t you investing?

No comments:

Find a Property To Invest In