Tuesday, January 02, 2007

To Become Wealthy: Dallas Property Update



The inspection was done today for the 15-unit apartment building that we are current under contract to buy. Our realtor was there for the entire thing and seemed pleased. She did mention a few things that needed work to be done to them, but she saw that as a plus, as additional bargaining power. In any real estate transaction anything that we can get to come off of the price is good news to me.

We have also been receiving a lot of paperwork from the seller. I received a copy of one of the leases today, and some estoppel certificates. Before last week I had never heard of the word estoppel and I will admit that I am still not entire sure of what it means. The certificates appear to be some sort of agreement with the renters to continue with the same leases under the new buyer as they did with the seller.

I have also learned that they are in the process of evicting 3 tenants. I have mixed feelings about this. Of course I do not want tenants in the building that are not paying rent, and I am glad that the evictions are not costing me anything. But it does make me wonder what types of tenants the other people are, and what sort will be attracted to live in this area. I have also learned that one of the tenants is Section 8. That I am happy about.

No comments:

Find a Property To Invest In